Snails: A special treat loved by Cypriots!
Tags :Cyprus Traditional RecipesfoodSnailsTraditional Cyprus Recipes
2-3 lemon leaves
- Before cooking, wash the snails with water.
- Rub the snails lightly between them and change the water 6-8 times until they are clear.
- Boil the snails in a saucepan with water and a little vinegar over low heat, and when foam begins to form, remove it with a perforated dipper and throw it away.
- Then add the lemon leaves and a pinch of ouzo and a tablespoon of salt.
- Before the snails are cooked, remove them from the heat and put them in a bowl and remove their shell with a knife (the back of the shell).